Clojure Gazette 1.66
Macro inventors, Galactic Guides, Tree Study
Issue 1.66February 03, 2014
The Gazette has been missing for two weeks. I know you've missed it. Don't try to hide it or deny it.
I've been sick the last two weekends. But now, though not fully recovered, I am fully functional. And so let the issues commence again!
The Web Development in Clojure videos series will soon be upon us. Yes, my illness delayed it. But it shall not be deterred!
P.S. I love hearing from readers. Just reply to this email!
The Developer to Watch
Kyle Kingsbury has been venting awesomeness recently. That might sound like hyperbole, but I assure you, it's not. I'm not even going to attempt to form prose around his many awesome deeds. Here's a list:
- Clojure from the ground up --- a beginner's guide to Clojure
- Jepsen --- a framework for simulating network partitionsto test data stores
- Blog articles about Jepsen
- Talks about Jepsen ( Strange Loop + RICON East )
- A Clojure/West Ticket Subsidy for the underrepresented
- Recent guest on the Cognicast
A nice piece by Fogus about a man who influenced us all through his work.
Study of trees
[Clojure Software Dendrology](http://www.hakkalabs.co/articles
Brandon Bloom discussing trees in Clojure.
Carin Meier introduces our parenthetropic friend through another literary pastiche. This time, it's the beloved guide.
Brian Hunter presents some of the cooler aspects of Erlang as he relates his story of Erlang fanification.